I’ve had a several women ask my advice in the last couple of weeks about how radfems can get transgender folks, especially transwomen, to listen to them. Here is my advice.
Six steps to gain an audience with someone who disagrees with you:
- Establish which side you’re on
- Overcommunicate respect for the other side
- Adopt the other side’s vocabulary
- Start by finding agreement
- Present the other side’s case as strongly as you can
- Understate the strength of your own argument
This video makes use of copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owners. This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of US Copyright law.